Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Day 1.5 - Super Key Chain

So Jessica decided to test the machine on a simple Superman (tm) keychain.  The end result - it will probably hold on to a keychain...

It's a bit lumpier than we thought, and she's going to clean it up and paint it.

Moreover, we learned more - we tried to print it twice, and it started messing up immediately, clumping the filament.  To fix this, we first cleaned the plate and re-applied the glue (this machine wants to use glue instead of blue tape, but I think we may try the tape at some point).

Next, we leveled the plate.  We had originally thought it had an auto plate leveler, but no.  We started the leveling program, and slid paper under the nozzles, adjusting the knobs underneath to get juuuuust the right fit.

The third time was the charm, and the keychain printed.


No comments:

Post a Comment